Our community has been through a lot in the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same at Wilson Leung D.D.S. & Associates: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits in the past. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the California Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendation.
- All rooms are wiped down fully on all surfaces between every single patient with disinfecting wipes (that kill all viruses including the Coronavirus),
- Plastic barriers are placed where appropriate.
- All instruments are sterilized.
- The entire office is cleaned daily and the waiting area is wiped down with disinfectant wipes throughout the day.
- Everyone washes their hands between every single patient with antibacterial soap.
- Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only.
- Health Screenings: Before appointments, we screen all patients to ask if they have had a fever, cough, sore throat, chills, aches or runny nose in the last two weeks. If so, we will reschedule them until they’ve been symptom-free for 14 consecutive days.
- Every staff member, dentist, and patient will have their temperature checked upon entering the clinic. Anyone with an elevated temperature will be sent home and only be invited back to the clinic when they are symptom free and have had a normal temperature for two weeks.
You can be rest assured we are following all the appropriate guidelines regarding cleanliness and disinfection of our entire office and instruments. We do ask if you are ill to please reschedule your appointment and follow your doctor's orders. Please keep us updated of any diagnosis you have so we can protect our staff and other patients.
Thank you for understanding and we assure you we are doing everything we can to make sure our office is safe for all.